12.04.2008

"Vi befinner oss naa over Nordpolen. .. altsaa den nordlige delen av Polen.."

I made it from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi without any major difficulties.
After being positively suprised by SAS on the way over here (excellent food, Juno, and a humorous captain) I fell in love with Bangkok the second I got out of the airport.
After some wandering around the bus stop and dodging sneaky taxi drivers I found a guy with bright pink lipstick on, selling bustickets to Khao San Road for only 150 baht (4$, 18 NOK).
From Kaho San Road I tried to find bus 155, which supposedly goes to Bangkok's southern bus terminal, but after walking back and forth on the same street a couple times I gave up and got in a tuktuk instead. I quickly discovered the driver didn't speak a word english, but thanks to the map lipstick-guy gave me (with both thai and english names on places), he got me to the bus terminal. I did concider spending the night in Bangkok earlier, since I didn't know if I would have enough time getting to Kanchanauri, but I ended up making the very last bus (with about 5 minutes).

Kanchanaburi has been great so far. I've spent the day biking around town, going to museums and other tourist attractions, drinking as much water as I can and trying to get used to the heat.
Tomorrow I'm doing a tour to one of the famous waterfalls around here, some hot springs, the hellfire pass, the death railway and the bridge over the river Kwai, and on monday I go back to Bangkok to meet Maria and Malin.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Hehe, tuktuk e tøft de'a;p
Håpe du fe de like bra vidre :)

Anonym sa...

I want to meet the pink lipstick guy! Lykke te over Nordpolen ^^